The factors that decided about the choice of WEBCON as the software provider and the technological partner were the presented software features and the expertise of the company’s representatives.
Jacek Kujawa, Vice-President of the Management Board of LPP S.A.
ABOUT THE BPM SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION
Dynamic growth, the permanent expansion of the product offer and the growth of the company’s organizational structure pushed LPP S.A. to implement an Intranet portal based on Microsoft Office SharePoint platform. The purpose was to improve the corporate communication and to support the primary business processes of the network.
The completed project included the implementation of SharePoint infrastructure (version MOSS 2007 for the head office and version WSS 3.0 for retail outlets) and support for the following business processes:
- contract registration,
- internal requisition application workflow,
- cost invoice workflow (approval and posting of costs for final invoices, pro forma invoices, corrections, interest and debit notes and accounts),
- registration and settlement of domestic and foreign travel allowances with a multi-tier cost approval process,
- handling of incoming external and internal correspondence, including the notification of addressees, archiving, and advanced search features.
Document flows and processes were executed on the basis of WEBCON BPS platform. The factors that decided about the choice of WEBCON as the software provider and the technological partner were the presented software features (especially its performance under a high volume of processed documents), as well as WEBCON’s experience and expertise in the implementation of solutions for the retail sector.
Due to the division of the implementation into closed iterations, LPP was able to provide the solution to more than 1000 users, both in the sales points and in the company’s head office as early as in the production stage. Along with the implementation of Microsoft SharePoint platform and the contract registration workflow, WEBCON also delivered several critical network management applications, which:
- manage the work time logging and holiday requests,
- control the sales results,
- provide standard check sheet in sales points (so-called mystery customer)
- generate tags based on the set configuration
The pilot launch of the system confirmed the high performance of the solution, the easy and quick document input (use of Kodak scanners and Zebra bar code printers) and the functionality of the end user interface. The system was fully integrated with ERP system which is used at LPP, based on Oracle database (AWEK).
The number of supported processes has been successively expanded since the completion of the migration of Microsoft SharePoint platform to version 2010 in the year 2011.
SharePoint version: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Number of users: + 1000
Number of issues/documents: 150 000 per year
System development: WEBCON
Integration: AWEK (Oracle)
Technologies: WEBCON Business Process Suite, WEBCON BPS OCR Framework, WEBCON BPS Barcode Framework
HOW TO BUILD A BUSINESS APPLICATION IN 45 MINUTES