We purchased WEBCON BPS for one process only, but it quickly proved itself and so we used it to automate many other processes.
Marek Witkowski, IT Director
ABOUT THE BPM SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION
Before Südzucker started cooperation with WEBCON in 2009, it had already been using Microsoft SharePoint platform for two years as an Intranet information portal, and the interface for dedicated applications improving various areas of company management.
As part of the first implementation of SharePoint platform, Südzucker deployed the hardware resources and services for the registering and management system in the context of company employees. Another project was the implementation of a series of applications for SharePoint platform, related to human resource management support.
In order to improve the operation of the developed processes and to produce a uniform platform for their support, in 2011 Südzucker decided to implement WEBCON BPS system. The primary arguments for WEBCON solution were its flexibility, easy operation and perspectives for development. Full integration with SharePoint and the technical support provided to individual customers were also significant.
The first automated process was the electronic correspondence handling workflow; the following were, among others, holiday application workflow, document archiving process and activities pertaining to customer and supplier relations. Document scanning and invoice registration were performed with the use of WEBCON BPS OCR module, replacing the previous solution by Kofax.
Furthermore, WEBCON tool became the basis for the development of the internal auction system, allowing the company to sell unused items, and the employees to buy them at attractive prices.
At the moment WEBCON BPS is the main process platform of the company, offering the efficient handling and modification of the following corporate processes:
- training management system, supporting the training application, acceptance and coordination processes, along with evaluation surveys,
- cafeteria plan system, supporting the non-financial employee benefits, e.g. additional training, language courses, healthcare etc.,
- employee evaluation system (SOP), supporting target-based management, in which employees receive targets and tasks, by which assessment takes place during the evaluation talks,
- employee chart, registering basic personal data (completed courses / qualifications held / CV / education / employment history).
- hardware and equipment registering and management system (mobile phones and SIM cards, computers and IT equipment, company cars, access to corporate IT systems and credit cards).
Read the interview with Mr. Marek Witkowski, IT director at Südzucker Polska, who talks about the automation of business processes in his company.
SharePoint version: MOSS 2007
Number of users: + 250
System development: WEBCON
Integration: Microsoft Dynamics AX
Technologies: WEBCON BPS, OCR Framework, dedicated applications
HOW TO BUILD A BUSINESS APPLICATION IN 45 MINUTES