How to meet the top 3 goals in digitization projects with Low-Code

In a recent interview with Computerwoche and CIO magazine, I shared my opinion about the results of a recently published low-code/no-code study. Amongst other findings, we discussed the 3 main goals of low-code projects for companies that were identified by the study: cost reduction, faster time-to-business and delivering IT applications closer to business needs. As these 3 aspects are crucial for the success of your business process digitization projects, I summarized the most crucial factors that decide about successfully reaching these goals.

Saving money and time with low-code is easy – isn’t it?

Obviously, low-code in comparison to coding allows you to decrease the costs of application development significantly. The main factor is that you do not need professional software developers to build an application. Those developers are hardly available and really expensive. To make sure that this cost and time saving effect is also possible when delivering more sophisticated IT-applications you have to choose the right low-code platform. You need a low-code platform that doesn’t force you to start coding when things get more complicated. Otherwise you will find yourself exceeding the project budget and missing deadlines. A good low-code platform allows you to create even complicated automations and process logic by configuration and not by writing code.

Think beyond the costs of development

Within the entire lifecycle of an IT-application, the development phase only accounts for 15% of total costs. So if you really want to reduce costs, you should also consider the other 85%. First of all , there is the cost of maintenance of dozens of applications that keep your business processes running. Enterprise-Grade Low-Code platforms can reduce these costs by the factor 20, as the packaging producer Huhtamaki has recently reported. This makes running even large amounts of IT-applications an affordable option. But just keeping applications running is not enough – when choosing a Low-Code platform you have to consider the cost of change– how much work is it going to take to adapt an application when requirements are changing? What will be the costs of operational time-out? You should favor a low-code platform that allows for the instant change of any application for very low effort and without interrupting operational work.

Avoid paralysis by analysis

The aim of the analysis phase in digitization projects is to make sure that you deliver applications that create value for the business. Using Low-code is an ideal way of defining what should be built, by simply trying ideas out instead of discussing them in endless meetings. By using prototypes or MVP’s, all stakeholders get a much better common understanding of what the requirements are and what the final solution is going to look and feel like. Good low-Code tools support agile methodologies and not only allow you to create prototypes and MVPs but also to quickly turn them into fully fledged, productive solutions.

Fulfilment of business requirements is not a one-time thing

The only constant is change, this is especially true in IT-Projects. No matter how perfectly an application fits all stakeholders needs when going live. Sooner or later, as procedures change and best practices evolve, the application has to change too. Else it will soon be outdated and instead of being supportive it will become an obstacle people have to navigate around when trying to get things done. I wrote this already earlier in the context of avoiding high costs of change and will repeat it in this context as well: If you want your digitization project to be a long-term success, you have to choose a low-code platform that allows you to develop and run business applications that can be changed instantly at every given moment in a non-disruptive manner.

Contact us

Want to learn more about how we support our clients?

 

Schedule your free online platform demo or tell us about your business needs and let’s discuss how we can address them with intelligent workflow automation.

* Reguired fields are marked
WEBCON is the leading European-based provider of a complete Low-code Application Platform for mass delivering business solutions. Companies choose WEBCON to dramatically reduce time and cost of app development. The platform allows them to automate and manage business processes across the entire organization – using a single, unified platform. Thanks to its unique InstantChange™ technology, WEBCON embraces change like no other platform on the market.

Contact

Get in touch with our team
Local offices

© WEBCON 2024 All rights reserved | Privacy Policy

top