The brand-new version of our low-code process platform is here! Learn more about what’s new in the WEBCON BP 2023 and empower your IT team with the best-in-class low-code process platform that transforms how organizations work and lets them take process automation to a whole new level.
Today’s companies have to be agile and always ready for change. In this fast-paced environment, they need a reliable, future-proof toolkit that will empower them to meet all of their needs and emerging challenges. That’s why our number one priority has always been our low-code platform's ongoing development and improvement. And that’s why we release a new version of the WEBCON BPS every year – to make sure our clients and partners are equipped with the best toolset possible.
This year is no different and we’re thrilled to finally share with you WEBCON BPS 2023 R1. While working on this year's version, we focused on enhancing support for the entire application lifecycle, business user involvement in the application development, processes that involve external business partners/users, and our use of the latest available technologies.
We're pleased to share that the latest release – WEBCON BPS 2023 R2 (2023.1.2.44) is officially here! Here is a sneak peek of the most important changes:
1. Security code for public links that prevent unauthorized access for individuals who have accidentally received the link to an element or task.
2. Canceling performance indicator calculations allows even more accurate tracking of time spent on tasks, identifying potential bottlenecks and preventing them effectively.
3. Generating files in PDF/A format that support long-term document preservation for archival purposes, ensuring that these documents will remain openable in the future.
4. Changing the form/element signature allows users to replace the number with a readable and user-friendly name.
Here is an overview of the main new features and enhancements introduced in WEBCON BPS 2023 R1 (2023.1.1.41) which was released in May:
1. New Module: Advanced Analytics Framework
WEBCON BPS 2023 provides a new, advanced analytical module. It will allow for a quick comparative analysis of application usage. It will enable you to create process-specific performance indicators, too. You’ll be able to use the analytical information presented in this new module to make better resource allocation decisions and set better application development priorities.
2. Performance Indicators
Previously available Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) made it possible to determine the expected editing time and task completion time within individual process steps. The WEBCON BPS 2023 Advanced Analytics Framework module adds a new mechanism that enables you to define advanced performance indicators. More specifically:
- they can be calculated on a set of tasks taking place over many process steps,
- they can support advanced scenarios in which the counting of a KPI can be repeatedly interrupted and resumed,
- they can factor in designated workdays and working hours.
3. Built-In Reports
Each application now has received a new Analysis area so you can quickly view:
- the number of instances (processed forms/items) launched within the application - broken down into Active, Completed and All Instances,
- the number of people who actively use the application,
- number of active tasks assigned by the application,
- the average task duration.
For applications with multiple processes and multiple document types, these analyzes are available at both the individual and aggregate levels. Thanks to the report, you can quickly determine the scale of usage for any given application.
4. Enhanced Business User Engagement
Version 2023 introduces completely new features to enhance even better cooperation between technology and business teams. They should have a strong positive effect on the pace of application delivery. Moreover, they should enhance the continuous improvement of applications without needing to increase the size of IT teams.
4. 1 Sharing Attachments via OneDrive
A later-year release of WEBCON BPS 2022 introduced the option to upload a document to a managed OneDrive area and maintain a connection to it. Doing this made it possible to make simultaneous edits to it from within its appropriate editing tool – assuming the document editor supports simultaneous editing.
4. 2 Sharing Forms & Tasks
WEBCON BPS 2023 introduces the option for an internal user to share a form with external users via a unique URL address generated by the system. External users invited this way do not have to authenticate themselves with the WEBCON BPS portal; their authorization is limited to the specific form from which the invitation was generated, and in accordance with the selected level of authorization.
5. Built-In Change Suggestions
Version 2023 introduces a new feature for collecting development suggestions for each application in a manner that’s fully integrated with the portal user interface. From now on, suggestions can be registered for almost any element of the application while working with that element. Suggestions can then be viewed, rated, and commented on by other app users.
6. Preview & Editing of Application Configurations from the Portal
Version 2023’s WEBCON Designer Desk users will let authorized users preview an application’s configuration/design from within the BPS portal environment. They’ll even be able to edit some of the application’s configuration elements. What’s important is that they’ll be able to do this whether or not the application was originally prototyped in Designer Desk.
Process Preview enables authorized stakeholders to, among other things, verify business rules, form design, the method of assigning tasks within workflow paths, automations, and configuration of the field matrix.
7. Improved forms
Version 2023 introduces several improvements to the functionality and performance of forms, a topic important to our customers, our partners, and ourselves. We have enabled, among others, changing the width of item list columns and optimizing the behavior of row-level action buttons. We have also introduced improvements to the information bar level, adding a new analysis tab that presents information about performance metrics – and this indeed includes the new performance metrics introduced with the Advanced Analytics Framework.
Interested in learning about all the new features and enhancements introduced in WEBCON BPS 2023 R1?