When properly implemented, Microsoft SharePoint becomes a commonly used team work environment and a solid foundation for the intranet, dedicated applications and third party SharePoint solutions.
The platform’s implementation ensures that:
- all documents, forms, surveys and questionnaires are stored in one place, split into subject areas;
- the flow of documents as well as their analytical description and approval (provided by SharePoint workflow) is carried out according to company’s best practice, in an end-user-friendly environment;
- access to documents will be consistent with the company's organizational structure and individual employees’ permission level;
- documents and information are available in no time;
- any document processed by a group of employees keeps its integrity and validity;
- history of each saved document is stored, and the system will notify its owner of any amendment;
- a separate page will be created for each realized project to monitor related activities and manage work progress;
- innovative ideas and solutions regarding the projects can germinate in their discussion lists;
- employees’ work time and task execution is made easier with access to calendars and task list;
- mobile work is supported thanks to full integration with Microsoft Office, synchronizing calendars, contacts, tasks or lists of documents;
- the intranet interface can be adapted to the company’s requirements and standards.
Dedicated solutions based on SharePoint
Apart from the above advantages, a platform based on Microsoft SharePoint enables the integration of personal solutions consistent with the specific character of your company’s area of operation. In such a case, there is usually the need to create dedicated applications, which requires a lot of time and financial resources in most cases.
On the contrary, WEBCON BPS turns workflows into solutions with the same level of functionality as dedicated applications. In practice, many of WEBCON clients who previously used dedicated SharePoint-based applications transfer their functionalities to WEBCON BPS. This brings easily spotted benefits, such as a single, homogenous interface for all users, the ability to introduce modifications quickly and easily, or just one platform to maintain.
With WEBCON Business Process Suite you can:
- build CRM solutions within SharePoint,
- integrate with Business Intelligence solutions,
- integrate with Microsoft Project and carry out (along with reporting) project tasks just like in case of regular workflows,
- display progress, vacation charts, documents as a Gantt chart,
- create solutions tailored to your specific needs
According to Jacek Kujawa, the vice president of the biggest Polish clothing company, LPP S.A.:
‘[With the implementation of WEBCON BPS] we got a solution that is tailored to our needs just like any turnkey project, but still easy to manage, develop and modify in the future. Therefore, it is cost-effective and offers high return on investment.’