Release date: 15/05/2023
Read the overview of the changes introduced in WEBCON BPS 2023:
1. New Module: Advanced Analytics Framework
WEBCON BPS 2023 provides a new, advanced analytical module. It will allow for quick comparative analyses of application usage. It will enable you to create process-specific performance indicators, too.
2. Performance Indicators
The WEBCON BPS 2023 Advanced Analytics Framework module adds a new mechanism that enables you to define advanced performance indicators. More specifically:
- they can be calculated on a set of tasks taking place over many process steps,
- they can support advanced scenarios in which the counting of a KPI can be repeatedly interrupted and resumed,
- they can factor in designated workdays and working hours.
3. Built-In Reports
Each application now has received a new Analysis area so you can quickly view:
- the number of instances (processed forms/items) launched within the application – broken down into Active, Completed, and All Instances,
- the number of people who actively use the application,
- number of active tasks assigned by the application,
- the average task duration.
4. Support for Applications that Involve External Users
WEBCON BPS 2023 introduces the option for an internal user to share a form with external users via a unique URL address generated by the system. External users invited this way do not have to authenticate themselves with the WEBCON BPS portal.
5. Built-In Change Suggestions
Version 2023 introduces a new feature for collecting development suggestions for each application in a manner that’s fully integrated with the portal user interface. From now on, suggestions can be registered for almost any element of the application while working with that element. Suggestions can then be viewed, rated, and commented on by other app users.
6. Preview and Editing of Application Configurations from the Portal
Version 2023’s WEBCON Designer Desk users will let authorized users preview an application’s configuration/design from within the BPS portal environment. They’ll even be able to edit some of the application’s configuration elements (label text, for example). Moreover, they’ll be able to do this whether or not the application was originally prototyped in Designer Desk.
7. Editing translations
Version 2023 provides the option to enter translations of the application UI text from within the WEBCON BPS Designer Desk.
8. Improved forms
WEBCON BPS 2023 introduces several improvements to the functionality and performance of forms. We have enabled, among others, changing the width of item list columns and optimizing the behavior of row-level action buttons. We have also introduced improvements to the information bar level, adding a new analysis tab that presents information about performance metrics.
We have added the ability to define global automations – automations that can be reused across many applications and processes. Automations of this type are defined at the level of global parameters and, similarly to global business rules and/or global form rules, they make use of input/output parameters.
10. Workflow Engine: Assigning Tasks to Groups
Version 2023 introduces a new, dynamic way of assigning tasks to groups. From now on, if you assign a task to a group itself (as opposed to its members), the system will verify the user’s membership in the group at the time of task completion.